As you know, we wanted to answer listener questions regularly, but we found it was taking away from the regular weekly episodes of Astronomy Cast. So we’ve decided to just split it up and run the question shows separately from the regular Astronomy Cast episodes. If this works out, you might be able to enjoy twice the number of Astronomy Cast episodes. So if you’ve got a question on a topic we cover in a recent show, or you just have a general astronomy question, send it in to firstname.lastname@example.org. Either by email, or record your question and email in the audio file.
Does a black hole have a definite surface?
- The Anatomy of a Black Hole — from University of Illinois
- Falling to the Singularity of the black hole — from University of Colorado
- Virtual Trips to Black Holes and Neutron Stars — from Goddard Space Flight Center
- Maximizing Survival Time Inside the Event Horizon of a Black Hole — from Universe Today
- Black Hole Eating Habits — from Eberly College of Science
- Accretion disk — from Internet Encyclopedia of Science
How does the size of a magnetic field come into play for astronomical object vs. bar magnets
- Earth’s magnetic field — from Georgia State University
- Tesla — Wiki
- The Force Between Two Magnets as a Function of Distance — from Exploratorium
- “Magnetic Fields Go the the Maximum” — from Physicsworld
- Paper: On the Magnetism of Stars and Planets
Could dark energy be the uncurving of space?
- Dark Energy –from Beyond Einstein
- Direct signal of dark energy? — from Physicsworld
- Paper: Does Space Curve?
- Gravity Probe B site with info about gravity and an interactive bowling-ball-rubber-sheet discussion
- Discussion of the bowling-ball-rubber-sheet model — from BAUT Forum
- Image of ball on rubber sheet
Do gravitons travel at twice the speed of light?
Is the amount of gravity that comes from an object come from every molecule in the object?
- Everything you need to know about Earth’s Geoid — from NOAA
- GRACE Mission — studying Earth’s gravity field
Is there a balance between the pull of gravity and the repulsion of magnetism?