This is our forth installment in our series of student questions shows and these questions come to us from Leelanau High School.
Thanks to GLAST, Astronomy Cast is now able to provide equipment to send to high school teachers who want to Pamela and Fraser to do a special questions show just for their class. We will be making this shows available on the feed on days other than Monday (that’s still reserved for your regularly scheduled Astronomy Cast).
To find out how your class can participate, check out our new Education page for details or drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s the closest exo-planet to our solar system?
- Epsilon Eridani –Universe Today article
- New “Vulcan” Planet Tantalizes Astronomers — Space.com article
- Information on planet-forming disks — Universe Today
- Planet-forming disk around a dying star –– Science Daily article
What planet in our solar system should we colonize?
- Pamela says Mars!: Seven Reasons to Colonize Mars — from Red Colony
- NASA’s Constellation Program to return to the Moon and go to Mars
- Radiation on Mars — from Science@NASA
- Terraforming Mars? — from How Stuff Works
- Fraser says Venus!: Colonizing Venus With Floating Cities — Universe Today
Can we collect information from a black hole?
- Falling Into a Black Hole — movies and information from University of Colorado
- Black Holes and Worm Holes — Universe Today
- What’s on the Other side of a Black Hole? Universe Today
- More about Black Holes
Can we travel faster than the speed of light?
- Faster Than Light Travel: Is it Possible? –from Starts With a Bang
- Was Einstein Wrong? –– from Wired
- Theory of Relativity: Factual Implications — from All About Science
Will a dwarf star enter our solar system? (No!)
- Everything you need to know about the 2012 doomsday hoaxes –from Universe Today
Can microscopic black holes be created on Earth?
- All about the Large Hadron Collider — from CERN
- Will the LHC Destroy the Earth? — from Universe Today
- Large Hadron Collider Rap Video
What is the truth about black holes and white holes?
- What is a White Hole? — from Cornell University
- Black holes — from NASA’s Imagine the Universe
- Introduction to the Cosmic Microwave Background — from the University of Chicago
What is the farthest planet we have found?
Astronomers find stars via: