Thanks to all the work from Hayabusa 2 and OSIRIS-REx, astronomers are getting a much better look at the smaller asteroids in the Solar System. It turns out, they’re piles of rubble… but fascinating piles of rubble. Let’s talk about what we’ve learned so far.
In this episode we mentioned donations. Click to learn more!
This episode is sponsored by: Barkbox
- Stellina telescope Fraser is trying out – https://vaonis.com/stellina
- 101955 Bennu –
- OSIRIS-REx mission –
- Why Bennu? –
- Potential sample sites for Bennu (flyovers)-
- Candidate sites on Bennu –
- 162173 Ryugu –
- Asteroid Ryugu May Be Rubble of Two Space Rocks Smashed Together – https://www.space.com/asteroid-ryugu-survived-major-catastrophe.html
- Asteroid Ryugu is a “Fragile Pile of Rubble” –