Astronomy Cast 545 & 546 rescheduled for 3 pm/3:30 pm ET Monday, Nov 4
Before we discovered other planets, our Solar System seemed like a perfectly reasonable template for everywhere. But now we see massive planets close to their stars, which leads you to the question, how does it all get there. Do the planets form in place or do they migrate around?
In this episode we mentioned donations. Click to learn more!
- Red dwarfs (Wikipedia)
- Red Dwarf (Cosmos)
- Red dwarf star (Britannica)
- Red Dwarf Stars (Universe Today)
- Formation and evolution of the Solar System (Wikipedia)
- Planetary formation and migration (Scholarpedia)
- Hot Jupiters (NASA)
- Investigating the Mystery of Migrating ‘Hot Jupiters’ (NASA Spitzer Telescope)
- What are Hot Jupiters? (Universe Today)