The Universe started out with hydrogen and helium and a few other elements, but all around us, there are other, more proton-rich elements. We believe these heavier elements formed in stars, but which stars? And at what points in their lives? Today we’ll update our knowledge with the latest science.
In this episode we mentioned donations. Click to learn more!
- Stellar nucleosynthesis (Wikipedia)
- Stellar Nucleosynthesis: How Stars Make All of the Elements (Thought.co)
- Stellar Nucleosynthesis (Astronomy Notes)
- Stellar nucleosynthesis (Science Daily)
- Stellar nucleosynthesis (Philosophy of Cosmology)
- Nucleosynthesis (NASA’s Cosmicopia)
- Nuclear fusion (Encyclopedia Britannica)
- Proton–proton chain reaction (Science Learning Hub)
- CNO cycle (Wikipedia)
- Deuterium fusion (Hyperphysics)
- Helium fusion (Hyperphysics)