Last week we gave you an update on the formation of elements from the Big Bang and in main sequence stars like the Sun. This week, we wrap up with a bang, talking about the death of the most massive stars and how they seed the Universe with heavier elements.
In this episode we mentioned donations. Click to learn more!
- Stellar nucleosynthesis (Wikipedia)
- Stellar Nucleosynthesis: How Stars Make All of the Elements (thought.com)
- Gravitational collapse (Wikipedia)
- Supernova Nucleosynthesis (astro.princeton.edu)
- Supernova Nucleosynthesis in Massive Stars (Oxford)
- Electron degeneracy pressure (Swinburne)
- Chandrasekhar limit (Wikipedia)
- Photodisintegration (Cosmos)