We are at capacity and have closed the waiting list. If you have already registered, you may still purchase bag or banquet add-ons below. Your ticket includes the reception listed as well.
- Dates: Friday 18 August 2017 to Monday 21 August 2017
- Aug 18-20: Moonrise Hotel, St Louis, Missouri
- Aug 21: Chasing the Sun in a Charter bus
- Registration Cost: US$350
This does not include hotel rooms or
travel to St Louis.
- Trip add-ons you can purchase
- Sunday Night Banquet from 6-10 PM: US$65
- Eclipse Bags
- Eclipse Water Bottles
Fraser and Pamela invite you to join them in St Louis, Missouri for 4 days of astronomy and other geekery. We have reserved event space in the amazing Moonrise Hotel, right in the heart of the famous Delmar Loop. Things will kick off Friday evening with an opening reception. Both Saturday and Sunday will be a mix of astronomy talks, practicing photography skills for capturing the eclipse, and otherwise hanging out talking science.
For the day of the eclipse, we have chartered buses to take us to the eclipse. Exactly where we land will depend on weather. Plan A is Carbondale, Illinois, where NASA will be hosting their webcast, and where a myriad of science activities are planned. Plan B is in a park south of St Louis, where the travel is less, but so are the NASA-related activities.
The US$350 Registration fee for this trip covers:
- A reception with food and a cash bar on Friday night from 6-10 PM.
- Event space with morning and afternoon snacks on both Saturday and Sunday
- A charter bus and food (lunch, dinner, and snack) on Monday
Attendees are responsible for their own travel to St Louis, all meals, and their hotels costs.
* We are pleased to be partnering with the Astronomical Society of the Pacific on this event. All ASP members will receive the eclipse go-bag for free!
Hotel and Event Travel
We have arranged for a block of discounted rooms at the Moonrise Hotel. This boutique hotel is in the heart of the Delmar Loop, where food and entertainment abounds. The hotel has free parking, and is themed after the Apollo mission. (UPDATE: The Moonrise Hotel is now completely booked.)